Re: anyone ever been to haulover?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Coccozella's Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Allover on February 09, 2008 at 12:29:22:

In Reply to: anyone ever been to haulover? posted by HAULOVER? say what? on February 09, 2008 at 00:42:47:

Sorry, not a regular at Haulover, but I've been there a few times, as recently as early January. You have any questions, I'll try and help you out.

I'll give you a few of my observations of the beach: I'm a semi-regular at Sandy Hook, so some of my points might be in comparison).

Haulover has SH beat as far as weather, water quality and length of season, of course. But as for just a random day at a nude beach SH is better, in my opinion. Many more lurkers and clothed beach-goers at Haulover. A few factors contribute: many condo's in walking distance, easier walk-in access from the highway (including a bus stop right in front), paved walking/jogging lane right past the dunes, hard packed walking/jogging lane right on the beach, in front of the dunes. When I was there in early Jan. on a Sunday most of the volleyball players were clothed, which you'll never see at SH. And they all seemed to be regulars, from what I could tell. Now, I have nothing against a few clothed people on a nudist beach, but not in the amount at Haulover.

You also have quite a few clothed lurkers up near the hard packed walking lane. They just mosey up and down. You have a few who linger around the concession stand and chair rental area. This could discourage, especially females, from venturing up to those areas.

And lastly, the new beach shower area. It's set up between the hard packed walking lane and the paved walking path. You are allowed to use this shower area nude. There are two shower heads and some wooden benches to place your beach gear on to sit on to dress. What I saw happening here is when a female (or even couple) would enter the shower area a parade of single males would follow making female or couple exit the shower area as quick as possible. Even though there are only the 2 shower heads a half dozen or so males would gather around like all of a sudden they had the urge to shower off. I guess the idea was to be close to a female showering. Now I'm not just knocking Haulover here, at SH it's the snack bar. Let a female or a few females get up to the on-beach snack bar and a wave of dude's will follow. Most, after the girls order and leave, will then change their mind about ordering and head back to their location. Just some observations.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Password :

(type this password into the password box)
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: