Re: Question for WOMEN!!!!!!! all women,

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Coccozella's Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wikki on April 07, 2007 at 11:09:52:

In Reply to: Re: Question for WOMEN!!!!!!! all women, posted by alias on April 07, 2007 at 07:53:04:

: you couldnt be more wrong,...

I am sorry but you cannot disagree with me as I was not offering an opinion. I was simply stating a fact about usage. You can disagree with those who are guilty of the usage, but you cannot disagree with me reporting that most people commonly use the meaning "girls" to mean women.

My wife does not say "I am getting together with my women friends". She says "I am getting together with the girls". And that is a person who once was an active feminist! LOL

I actually agree with you. Using "girls" to mean women is incorrect and I try to avoid it, personally. So please don't yell at me.

I used to read submitted film scripts at a production company and I once read a script where there was a scene written, it described a man answering a knock at the door, opening to see a "young girl" there, then they have a conversation. Now, when I read that I pictured a girl of 9 perhaps. After a few pages of reading I realized that character was actually about 25. I complained to the writer who was a woman in her 60s. I guess to her a woman of 25 is "a young girl" LOL

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Password :

(type this password into the password box)
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: