Re: Photozella - REALITY

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Coccozella's Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Artiztik on November 06, 2006 at 17:20:10:

In Reply to: Re: Photozella - REALITY posted by Nomad on November 06, 2006 at 09:22:05:

: Or maybe I should forget the whole "nudist" angle and just make it a photography/modeling event. I don't know... whatever works and is interesting... but personally I don't think models posing is really the main direction we want to go. Actually, as I think about it, it is the nude lifestyle that we want to portray.

: Any thoughts out there?

I am thouroughly enjoying all the galleries generated by this event, but it is obviously "models posing for cameras" and not particularly about nudist lifestyle. Because when you introduce a lot of cameras into a nude event, you have immediately set up the division of models and photographers, and they are no longer equal participants. And my experience has always been (at any photographer/model event)that the most attractive models are the most photographed subjects, and the most assertive photographers get the most opportunities with these favorite models.

Comments have been made that some members are preferring the "VOYEUR/Hidden Camera" beach galleries to the "staged event" of Photozella or other "Carnival" staged events. I have to guess they prefer the "natural candid reality" over a model posing for a photo.

And so to get the necessary "reality" for Photozella 3, you would have to just have a nudist lifestyle event with a few "hidden" cameras. Because the known presence of cameras will have a tremendous influence on "regular people" becoming "models" and behaving specifically for photography.

I do not think it would be so appealing to limit this event to only a very few photographers, because each individual will see things differently, and this fresh diversity adds much interest to the results. BUT, you might try to recruit more FEMALE photographers, and get that ratio to work out 50/50 (Not all MALE photographers) Female photographers may still prefer to shoot mostly female subjects, but they do take a much different approach to it, and their subjects might react and pose more naturally.

Another approach could be to instruct some photographers NOT to give any direction to their subjects, but to just try to shoot them candidly in group activities, and not posing.

Personally for my own tastes I LIKE to direct and pose models either as an art form or as a glamour/erotic shot, but neither of these depicts a casual, candid nudist lifestyle.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Password :

(type this password into the password box)
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: