Re: Photozella - REALITY

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Coccozella's Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nomad on November 06, 2006 at 09:22:05:

In Reply to: Re: Photozella - A different take posted by Jason on November 06, 2006 at 07:20:15:

When I first got the idea for photozella I imagined a cross-section of people, ages, genders and other backgrounds. But I can't force people to show up. Remember, this is an experiment and whoever shows up... well.. that's THEIR event. It is true that I do influence who shows up because of the application and approval process. But really the only people who wanted to come and didn't were about a million single guys who applied and had nothing much to offer except to show up and as a result participate in some weird 99% male nudist gathering.

I have pursued a number of avenues to find interested people and it was very slow going. The main demographic of the current event came from ads looking for "models to participate in a nude beach event". This produced interest and resulted in people showing up. So far nothing else has worked very well.

So what this comes down to is that the event will become whatever it becomes based on who actually wants to show up and what those participants are interested in doing once they show up. I have tried to guide things, suggest things, push things and see where it goes.

The whole idea of having "models" who would pose here and there was supposed to be maybe 10% of the event. But because it was cold and cloudy and I was not very aggressive about pushing for the group activities originally planned (not quite enough people) it turned out to be the easiest activity for everyone to fall into.

I am debating how to proceed to Photozella-3. I am convinced we will have double the number of people next time (as long as the weather is ok). But do we need as many photographers? The reason you don't see as many guys is that they are mostly clutching their cameras and not participating. The result is tons of great photos. But also a lot of repetition. Maybe I should not allow cameras except for maybe 4 or 5 designated photographers and push for the group activities having had male participants sign up just to be on-camera.

Or maybe I should forget the whole "nudist" angle and just make it a photography/modeling event. I don't know... whatever works and is interesting... but personally I don't think models posing is really the main direction we want to go. Actually, as I think about it, it is the nude lifestyle that we want to portray.

Any thoughts out there?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Password :

(type this password into the password box)
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: