Re: Questions about Burning Man

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Coccozella's Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nomad on February 23, 2006 at 23:35:02:

In Reply to: Questions about Burning Man posted by Brad on February 22, 2006 at 16:41:07:

: I intend to go to Burning Man this year, but have never been before. Although I have roughed it, I'm more interested these days in an ability to get into an RV and sack out in quiet and cool bliss.

GOOD IDEA... REALLY...

: I understand the desert can be a scorcher too.

OR IT CAN BE COLD, OR WET OR DUSTY, BASICALLY MOTHER NATURE WILL THROW EVERYTHING AT YOU AT ONE POINT OR OTHER. GET ALL THE MASKS AND GOGGLES THEY SAY YOU SHOULD AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO WALK AROUND LIKE AN ASTRONAUT ON MARS AND SEE THINGS YOU THOUGHT YOU MIGHT ONLY SEE ON MARS.

: Has anyone gone before? If you go, how do people take to your videotaping or photographing them (mainly the nudies running about)?

YOU MUST REGISTER AS A PHOTOGRAPHER WHEN YOU ENTER. YOU GET A TAG TO PUT ON YOUR CAMERA. WITHOUT THE TAG YOU WILL BE LECTURED ALL WEEK BY SELF-APPOINTED DO-GOODERS. PEOPLE WILL POINT AT YOU AND SCREECH LIKE IN THE BODY SNATCHERS MOVIE. WITH THE TAG YOU WILL BE MOSTLY LEFT ALONE ALTHOUGH THE OCCASTIONAL PERSON WILL SAY TO YOU IN CLASSIC SURFER INTONATION: HEY DUDE, YOU PUTTING THOSE ON THE IN-TER-NET?

THE WAY TO BE LEFT ALONE IS TO GET A WEIRD COSTUME FOR YOURSELF WITH SOME NUDITY. IF YOU WALK AROUND WITH A BARE ASS YOURSELF HARDLY ANYONE WILL BUG YOU BECASUE OF YOUR CAMERA. IT'S ALSO GOOD TO ASK PERMISSION.

: I'm also interested in other aspects of humanity and art I'd like to shoot as well.

IF YOU CLOSE YOUR EYES, SPIN AROUND AND JUST CLICK RANDOMLY YOU WILL GET GREAT PICTURES OF ART. IT IS EVERYWHERE.

: Any words of advice?

READ THE BM WEBSITE CONCERNING HOW TO PREPARE YOURSELF. TAKE EVERYTHING THEY SAY SERIOUSLY. EVERY BIT OF IT IS RELEVANT.

BTW NO I AM NOT YELLING JUST TYPING IN CAPS TO STAND OUT FROM THE PREVIOUS POST.

-Nomad

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Password :

(type this password into the password box)
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: