Re: OK, the REAL Blacks Beach discussed

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Coccozella's Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ddd on January 11, 2006 at 13:29:10:

In Reply to: OK, the REAL Blacks Beach discussed posted by Brad on January 09, 2006 at 21:26:58:

: I know a lot of you have been to that legendary nude beach in Southern Cal near San Diego, Blacks Beach. I was just asked to give my opinion to someone if they should come and visit it this year.

hilarious, and sad! I went there once, December of 2001, on a 75 degree weekday, saw about 20 naked people, maybe 3 female, and only one that wasn't disgusting.

Sandy Hook, where I go, are nothing like that. Sandy Hook is active from early May to late September. On weekends that don't have rain, the beach is packed to the gills, usually around 4,000 people. The ratio is usually about 55-65% men. The majority are couples in their late 20's up to late 60's, with the concentration being couples age 35-45. You do have a large population of single men, but on weekends you don't have that "dick-flies" scene really that you described. Pretty much anywhere you sit your going to have a sizeable # of naked women all around you. Plus a lot of people know each other there, at least by sight. towards the southern portion of the beach the gays concentrate, but they really are a minority, and more so each season.

It seems like the trend has been the opposite of Blacks Beach. 20 years ago the only people that went to SH were a couple hundred gays with a few hippie/biker free spirit types mixed in. It was a dirt lot with a trail to the beach, thats it. There was partying and sex all over the place. Now its totally mainstream. They got lifeguards, rangers, paved lots, snack bars, bathrooms, showers. So many people go; from all walks of life - suburban couples, J crew-type college kids, hipsters from NYC, obvious swingers, a few freaks, some Deadheads, still a few gays. Summer weekends see 5000+ people. Thats sucks that the CA beach got spoiled like that. Oh well, you got way better weather out there, so at least you have that going for you.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Password :

(type this password into the password box)
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: