Re: nude hot springs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Coccozella's Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DenverGuy on January 02, 2006 at 10:16:27:

In Reply to: Re: nude hot springs posted by Jerry on December 13, 2005 at 01:25:08:

: Well, what can you tell us about them? What are they like? Which do you recommend?

: : Jerry,

: : If you aren interested in hot springs of the PNW, email me.

: : crack_tan@yahoo.com

: : Seahawk

My wife and I go to Valley View hot springs and Orvis Hot Springs in Colorado and used to go to Jemez Springs (New Mexico). Valley View and Orvis are private (cost $) and clothing-optional. They are great in winter (we have had frost at Orvis in August, though) and the water temp doesn't really change. Jemez is public but I have heard that they discourage (arrest!) there now if you are nude, so we don't go anymore.

There is also a public hot spring west of Glenwood Springs that we have been too. Generally, a web search will tell you if the spring is informally clothing optional. Because hot springs are so rare compared to beaches and the only public ones are remote ( the close-in ones are REALLY developed and costly), they tend to be more laid back.

On the opposite side, Glenwood Springs pool is amazing but definitely not clothing optional, but still fun. It is a HUGE set of swimming pools that range from 102 degrees F to around 90 degress F over a distance of around 50 yards (50 meters). The pool can probably hold 1000 people without crowding.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Password :

(type this password into the password box)
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: