Re: NYC spas, again

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Coccozella's Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TriStater on October 08, 2005 at 17:37:09:

In Reply to: Re: NYC spas, again posted by Milo on October 08, 2005 at 15:06:07:

Absolutely it can happen: Anyone can rent out Spa 88 or the Tenth Street Baths for a private event. That's what Cake does. They pay a couple of thousand dollars to lock the space up for one night and once they've rented the place out, they can set their own rules. But that's true of any spa. I'm sure you could go to any spa in New York, write a big check, and have a private naked party there

Absolutely it can happen. Sure, it could happen. But when has it ever happened? You right now have 3 well established groups that meet at least once a month for an indoor coed nude event in the NJ/NY area. I've been to the one in Paramus NJ a few times over the years, so that is the only one I can comment on from experience. At any given event you might have 100 or so people. You also have full excess to the health spa...saunas, hottubs, pool, TV room, basketball, etc. These groups have established these get togethers years ago. I'm sure it wasn't easy, probably took years, and now it seems to be a viable event.

No one has ever organized an event at any other NY venue in the many years I've been coming to this site. Or for that matter I've never heard of any organized on any other site I visit either. So unless you join one of those established events the best I can see for you is sitting in the cold pool at the 10th Street Baths and slipping off your shorts/bathing suit under water, no?

Sad to say, but that is the way it is in this area. Cheef.com was a site with a lot of info on winter swims and the such. Haven't been there lately though. Maybe someone else should try one of these organized swims and come back here and post their report and opinions. As for mine...thats the best you're going to do.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Password :

(type this password into the password box)
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: