Re: Folsom Street Fair Report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Coccozella's Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alonzo on September 28, 2005 at 11:40:47:

In Reply to: Folsom Street Fair Report posted by Fingers on September 26, 2005 at 02:51:41:

Very interesting---and accurate---report. I didn't attend this year, but have attended twice over the past 5 years, and it has been my experience that male nudity was everywhere. Lots of full nudity, and also lots of near nudity, e.g. men naked save for a leather g-string or jock strap.

My impression both times was that if any man ever had fantasies of walking around stark naked in mixed company, this was THE place to do it! Straight men who are into the CFNM fetish will think they've died and gone to heaven. Here there no chance of getting arrested---hell, no one even bats an eye it's so commonplace! I recall walking past one food stand, staffed by two women and a man. The man was completely naked, while both women were fully dressed (not in fetish attire either). No one seemed to notice or care.

Of course, the occasional nude woman or the more common women in fetish attire with exposed breasts are surrounded by male photographers, while nude men walk by unnoticed.

Two years ago (I think) I submitted photos and a lengthy report. As I recall, someone responded to my post, stating that I must have been somewhere else, that he was there and there was LOTS more female nudity than the male variety. Wonder what planet he was on?

Thanks for the report, Fingers! Good to know I'm not the only one who noticed the obvious.

: San Francisco's best weather is late September and early October, and this weekend was no exception for both The Love Parade and Folsom Street Fair. San Francisco was home to both of the above events along with a baseball game, anti war rally and a very well established blues festival. In other words traffic was horrible crossing the bridge into the city!

: I still arrived before noon, and the fair was in full swing already. People were in a great mood and of the hundreds of people I took pictures of only one said "I'd rather not" when I asked if I could take their picture. In reference to the post below about four people asked me what I was using it for, and none of them batted an eye when I said I had a website - and one asked for the URL. I've found this to be pretty typical. A number thanked me for asking, it's people who don't ask that seem to bug the participants.

: For those of you who haven't been to The Folsom Street Fair it's the last day of a leather and fetish festival. San Francisco is famous for the diversity of it's sexual preferences - and they all come out for the Fair! I thought there was actually less leather this year, although it certainly was abundant with both sexes. Other less common were in attendance, including the horse people, the whipping booths. There were only a handfull of fully nude women, but many breasts were visible in about the same numbers as previous years. I thought there was a signifigant increase of naked men this year from all age groups and orientations. There are the obvious gay men on display, but a number of straight men as well. There were a small group I've dubbed "The Wankers" who seem to get great pleasure out of oiling up and masturbating in front of a gathering crowd. I see the same few here and at The Bay to Breakers and Exotic Erotic Ball.

: As usual it got pretty difficult to move around between 2 and 4 o'clock, but ouside of those hours it's pretty easy to people watch. I get a good number of shots in the very first and last hour, and that was the case today.

: Folsom Street seems to have borrowed an idea from The Oregon Country Fair this year. At exactly 6 PM about twenty people with brooms responded to a whistle and begant to sweep otward from the intersection of 8th and Folsom to clear the streets of trash... and people!

: All in all it was another great Folsom Street Fair.

: Look for a gallery of photos here at Coccozella real soon!

: Fingers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Password :

(type this password into the password box)
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: