Re: weird troubles with DVD'S

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Coccozella's Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by COCCO on September 16, 2005 at 11:59:43:

In Reply to: weird troubles with DVD'S posted by Fabio from Italy on September 12, 2005 at 09:30:23:

Ah, the mysteries of the DVD-R format! It is the nature of DVDs that not all DVDs will play in all players all the time. I suppose the technical tolerances leave little room for error or manufacturing differences.

We have 10 different brands of DVD players that we use for testing. Every copy made is played on at least 2 players all the way through. This is no guarantee that a copy will play on your DVD player. But it is very unikely that you will get a copy from us that will not play on most players.

Personaly I have several players at home, because even DVDs rented from Blockbuster sometimes do not play on one player but will on the other!

Players are so cheap today. I recommend Panasonic. We have had a few models and they are generally superior. As it happens the blank DVD-R disks are Panasonic too. But I take these DVDs home and watch them on various players and I hardly ever have a problem.

We have done everything humanly possible to make the best DVD-Rs humanly possible. But you might still have to buy another player if you have had yours a few years. Players are often under $50 now. And most play these DVDs just fine.

I have no idea why Fabio's player used to play them fine, then did not later. Maybe he has dirt on the reader lens. I don't know. DVD's should not degrade, at least not for 100 years!

Anyway... you can always ask us for replacements. We are serious about the one-year guarantee.

-COCCO

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Password :

(type this password into the password box)
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: